INDIAN DRUG MANUFACTURERS' ASSOCIATION
THE VOICE OF THE NATIONAL SECTOR
Indian Pharmaceuticals - Nation's Pride
- Indian Drug Manufacturers’ Association (IDMA) was formed in 1961
- Successfully completed 55 glorious years of providing safe efficacious affordable quality medicines, not only to our people, but people all over the world.
- Membership of over 1000 wholly-Indian large, medium and small companies and State Boards (SB) in Gujarat, Himachal Pradesh & Uttaranchal, Haryana, Tamil Nadu, West Bengal, Madhya Pradesh, Telengana and Karnataka
- The Indian pharmaceuticals market increased at a CAGR of 17.46 per cent during 2005-16 with the market increasing from US$ 6 billion in 2005 to US$ 36.7 billion in 2016 and is expected to expand at a CAGR of 15.92 per cent to US$ 55 billion by 2020.
- Members’ Indian Market share – about 75% in formulations and about 85% in APIs
- In FY16, India exported pharmaceutical products worth US$ 16.89 billion, with the number expected to reach US$ 40 billion by 2020.
- Members’ Export Record – about 75% of India’s total drugs & pharma exports
- Indian pharma companies spend 8-11 per cent of their total turnover on R&D
- Rated the largest supplier country of generic drugs by UNICEF
- Largest number of WHO Prequalified Finished Pharmaceutical Products Manufacturers under various medical verticals
- Over 600 US FDA approved facilities (APIs and formulations, 3800+ DMFs filed, 53 ANDAs, over 1300 CEPs from about 220 companies, 380+ molecules for which CEPs have been filed with EDQM, over 630 sites with EU GMP Compliance, about 1560 MHRA Market Authorisations, about 1400 WHO GMP Certified Plants and many more certified by regulatory authorities of Australia, South Africa, Ireland, Sweden etc.
- MoUs signed with China Pharmaceutical Industry Association (CPIA), Korea Pharmaceutical Industry Association (KPMA), DuBiotech, Association of Biotechnology Led Enterprises (ABLE), Toyoma Pharmaceutical Association (TPA) etc
- The Indian Pharmaceutical Industry provides employment to about 4.2 million personnel, directly and indirectly in manufacturing and ancillary sectors.
- IDMA has been successfully organizing Pharmaceutical Analysts Convention (PAC) for many years with the active participation of the Regulatory Authorities, both Central and States – also organizes other Seminars, Training Programs regularly
- IDMA Bulletin - a weekly communication medium with members and other interested readers now in 47th year
- Indian Drugs - monthly scientific and technical journal completed Golden Jubilee last year – now in its 53rd year – Also online with dedicated website www.indiandrugsonline.org
- IDMA Annual Publication - a reference compendium with a wealth of information and data on the Indian Pharmaceutical Industry including almost all drugs approved by DCG(I) till December 2016. Latest Edition 55th Edition released in January 2017.
- IDMA-APA Forum - for professional Pharmaceutical Analysts.
- Technical Monographs - Guidelines on standards in manufacture
IDMA ANNUAL AWARDS:
- IDMA QUALITY EXCELLENCE AWARDS - for Bulk Drug and Formulation manufacturing units.
- IDMA MARGI BEST PATENT AWARD - for Best patents granted in India and globally for greater emphasis on innovative Research
- IDMA CORPORATE CITIZEN AWARD - to recognize and appreciate humanitarian CSR activities
- IDMA RESEARCH AWARDS - and the BEST REVIEW ARTICLE AWARD for the Best Original Research Papers and Review Article published in 'Indian Drugs'
- IDMA J B MODY AWARDS - for the top-ranking B. Pharm students of Indian Universities
- IDMA-APA EMINENT ANALYST AWARD - in recognition of life-time contribution and expertise in the field of Quality Assurance/Quality Control
- IDMA-APA OUTSTANDING AND YOUNG ANALYST AWARDS - to encourage and promote young professional analysts.
INDIAN DRUG MANUFACTURERS' ASSOCIATION
102-B Poonam Chambers, Dr A B Road, Worli, Mumbai 400 018, INDIA
Tel : +91 - 22 - 24944625 / 24974308. Fax : ++91 - 22 - 24957023
email: firstname.lastname@example.org website : www.idma-assn.org